Cost: Free Course
Schedule: Self paced
Access this Course
This course is for individuals who seek an overall understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, independent of specific technical roles.
You will learn about AWS Cloud concepts, AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support to build your AWS Cloud knowledge.
This course also helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
This course includes video presentations, demonstrations, links to resources, and knowledge checks.
Course objectives In this course, you will learn to:
- Summarize the working definition of AWS
- Differentiate between on-premises, hybrid-cloud, and all-in cloud
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the AWS Cloud
- Explain the six benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Describe and provide an example of the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage
- Identify an appropriate solution using AWS Cloud services with various use cases
- Describe the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Explain the shared responsibility model
- Describe the core security services within the AWS Cloud
- Describe the basics of AWS Cloud migration
- Articulate the financial benefits of the AWS Cloud for an organization’s cost management
- Define the core billing, account management, and pricing models
- Explain how to use pricing tools to make cost-effective choices for AWS services
This course is intended for:
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- AWS Academy students
- Other IT-related professionals
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- General IT business knowledge
Access this Course
this is highly recommended for anyone that wants to understand everything cloud. It puts you right at the center of everything you need to know. In my opinion, this is a hot requirement for any cloud engineer as you can build on this knowledge
I like the fact that I was constantly immersed with the videos though out each course! Also, I enjoyed that after each lesson, you are given a quiz to see how much you have learned and what you can review/improve on.
Just enough details were included about computing, networking concepts, data storage, etc. to lay the groundwork for educating about the related AWS Services. Allows for those who have basic understanding to enforce what they know and build on it. The sections are also bite-sized and not overbearing in explanations so that more advanced learners can quickly get to the details they need. All-in-all it was a very well balanced learning and I believe it has prepared me for the next steps of my cloud journey.
I liked everything about this course. Was quite helpful to learn about all of the services that AWS has and to learn the names acronyms for the services that can be used.
The instructors explained everything about AWS in an easy to understand manner. The pace was just right, and the visuals provided in the videos were extremely helpful too. 10 out of 10, would recommend!
Great introductory course. It provides a high-level overview of some of the services that are offered, how AWS functions, and how services are related.
This was a great course to begin studying for the certification exam. A lot of detail but presented in a way that keeps you engage and awake!
Uses a combination of video, graphic, text elements in a logical structure, with good intro and summary pieces to each section. Well organized and designed in a way that people who learn best in different modes are well served.